Financial CPIC OMB Submission
There are four key parts to the annual Financial CPIC OMB submission:
- Agency IT Portfolio Summary: This is the budget report on IT (in tabular format). The report contains basic information that links internal planning, budgeting, acquisition, and management of IT resources (i.e., the capital planning process). It is submitted to OMB as part of the annual IT budget process.
- Agency Cloud Spending Summary: This includes the IT investment budget and management information by the cloud computing deployment model and service model.
- Agency IT Infrastructure Spending Summary: This includes a detailed spending breakout on all aspects of an agency's IT infrastructure.
- Major IT Business Case: This is the budget justification and reporting document required by OMB for major IT investments. A major IT investment is defined as a system or project requiring special management attention because of its importance to the mission or the function of the agency, a component of the agency, or another organization; is for financial management and obligates a predetermined amount of money annually; has significant program or policy implications; has high executive visibility; has high development, operating, or maintenance costs; is funded through means other than direct appropriations; or is defined as major by the agency's capital planning and investment control process.
ASD Provides the Following Financial CPIC Support to Government Clients:
- Assisting with Guidance Documentation, Operational Procedures, Scoring Criteria, and Templates to Build Stronger Governance of IT Investments in Compliance with Guidance from GAO's ITIM Framework
- Reviewing and Providing Comments to Major IT Business Cases, Presentations, and Supporting Documentation Associated with the DOC Investment Review Board (IRB) Process
- Providing Annual Updates to Format and Content for All IT Business Plans (ITBPs)
- Providing Annual Updates to Format and Content for All Major IT Business Cases
- Providing Annual Updates to Format and Content for Strategic and Operational IT Plans
- Collecting Monthly Earned Value Management (EVM) Data for All Major IT Business Cases
- Providing Performance Reports and Operational Analyses for IT Investments
- Preparing Periodic Reports for ITIM Maturity, E-Government, and the Presidential Management Agenda for Submission
- Updating and Maintaining the Agency IT Portfolio Summary Summarizing IT Costs
- Assisting the CIO and Program Areas in Responding to Audits of IT Initiatives and IT Governance Procedures
- Providing Assessments, Checklists, and Preliminary Scoring of OMB Major IT Business Cases and ITBPs for Review by the Executive Review Boards