Program and Project Management
The key to our client service is our seamless integration of deep industry and functional expertise with tools and capabilities to support execution and make change happen—on a Corporate, Department or Agency scale.
What We Do: ASD works closely with our clients to deploy enhanced project management solutions and organizational planning to achieve the desired goals and maximize the return on investment. Each client challenge is unique in its scope and objectives. ASD develops custom solutions drawing from our range of services listed:
- Diagnosis/Assessment: ASD provides a number of diagnostic services to define an organization's 'as-is' situation, from which issues and improvements can be defined into an overall 'blueprint', or 'road map' that provides direction. We have tools and approaches to deal with critical aspects of change such as:
- Project Management Assessment Inventory;
- Assessment of Organizational Support;
- Project Management Maturity Model; Gap Analysis;
- Project Audits/Health checks.
These can be applied according to our client's requirements from a straightforward unaudited approach to on-site coordination and support.
- Professional Development has been ASD's core component for over 15 years. ASD has a full curriculum of project management related development. The curriculum is targeted at both 'topic area' and 'career level' and delivered in a number of different ways such as 'in-class' and 'public' training, and 'E-Learning'. What differentiates ASD is our ability to fully customize our training to meet specific client needs by incorporating as much, or as little, of the client's practice as required.
- Coaching, Facilitation and Management: Professional development on its own is often not enough. ASD recognizes that it clients frequently require follow-up support, neutral co-ordination, external knowledge, and sometimes just an extra resource to do the job. This service is provided in a number of different ways that suits best the client. We apply knowledge directly to a 'real-life' project enabling the customer to maximize the benefits of our coaching.
- Methodology and Tools: ASD designs, develops and implements project management governance, process, procedures, templates and tools. Clients select the level of training required. Design typically involves consultation and definition which the client's personnel then develop; development involves the co-ordination, validation and verification of content; and implementation ensures new methods and tools are properly and effectively communicated and used by appropriate personnel.
- Competency Mapping and Career Development: Many organizations need a consistent approach to measuring and developing their project management community. This helps align projects with the most appropriately qualified project managers, provides a structured career path for project personnel, enables effective succession planning for an organization's key resource pool and helps motivate staff, improves efficiency and reduces project risk. ASD designs, develops and implements competency models that include such elements as:
- Tiered project management career 'ladders' aligned to existing resource groups;
- Roles and competency requirements for project personnel
- A defined 'bench mark' of competence for different roles;
- Mapping of training and development to competency profiles;
- Tools that assess performance and ability against the 'benchmark' target;
- Mapping of project management specific remunerations.
- Technology & Automation: ASD has helped its clientele select an automating technology that meets their needs, resulting in concrete business performance improvements. Diagnosis and assessment of existing business process should always be the first steps in any technology implemented solution. From the diagnosis we can implement enhanced, integrated business processes, and select the appropriate technology that provides automation. We adapt our approach depending on the organization's project management maturity and methodology. This allows careful selection of an automating technology that meets actual need, rather than speculation.
- Project Office Development and Consultancy: ASD offers a variety of planning in developing project offices, at an enterprise (portfolio), program, and/or project level. Services we provide include:
- System for identifying, filtering, selecting, and prioritizing projects in a consistent way, against a standard set of criteria.
- A process, procedure and tool for reviewing projects/programs at an individual level, and a portfolio level ensuring a balanced mix.
- An approach to effective resource planning and capacity management that more effectively utilizes resources and manages the capacity the organization has against the portfolio of work.
- The transition, migration and sustainment of project management practice.
- Assistance for troubled projects ranging from recovery to enforced project closure. ASD works closely with our clients to deploy enhanced project management solutions and organizational interventions to achieve the desired goals and maximize the return on investment. Each client challenge is unique in its scope and objectives. ASD develops custom solutions drawing from our range of services listed:
- Program and Project Management: ASD specializes in Technical and Construction Projects and can deploy the following.
- Microsoft Project Pro, Microsoft Server, and Primavera.
- Earned Value Management (EVM) and resource loading.
- Professional schedulers who are certified by the Project Management Institute (PMI-SP).
- Professional Project Managers that are PMI-PMP certified.
- Certified Portfolio Managers
- Certified Risk Managers.
- PMO Policies and guidelines.
- System Development Lifecycle templates and guidelines.
- Portfolio Management Tools.